Baymag is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-grade magnesium oxide based on one of the purest crystalline magnesite deposits ever discovered. We specialize in producing high grade MgO solutions to meet our clients’ needs, from water treatment, soil remediation to a wide range of industrial and agricultural applications. With a strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction, we are looking for a Technical Sales Specialist to join our dynamic team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of our products/services, including their technical specifications, features, and applications.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitors’ offerings.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop and implement effective sales strategies and tactics.
- Identify and target potential customers based on their technical requirements and preferences.
- Engage with potential clients to assess their technical needs and provide advice as needed.
- Act as a liaison between customers and our Engineering and R&D teams, providing technical guidance, troubleshooting assistance, and product knowledge.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Act as a trusted resource, offering technical expertise and guidance for customers.
- Maintain accurate records of sales activities, customer interactions, and progress towards targets.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the sales management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Technical Diploma, or related degree with 3-5 years of work experience in Technical Sales.
- Proven experience in technical sales, with a track record of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in CRM software and other sales tools.
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2W 4Y1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Please send resumes to email@example.com . Baymag thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.