Baymag Inc., an industrial mineral company specializing in the production and international marketing of Magnesium Oxide, is accepting applications for a Heavy Duty Mechanic for its open pit mine located near Radium Hot Springs, BC.
We believe people are at the heart of our company and the key to our future success. We’re growing and are always on the lookout for passionate people to join a hard-working team, make a difference and enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
As a certified Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) you will leverage your expertise to contribute to Baymag’s mine on Mt Brussilof, located near Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia. In collaboration with the mine team, you will be responsible for maintaining a safe, productive and efficient fleet. You will be joining an extremely talented team that will look to you for your technical competency, knowledge and business acumen. Regular working hours will be 7:00 – 17:00 Mon – Fri. Overtime will be required on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Inspecting haul trucks, bulldozers, excavators, graders, and other heavy construction equipment for proper performance, and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnosing faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools such as blades, buckets & booms
- Mentor apprentice mechanics
Qualifications & Skills
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Safety conscious
Baymag provides an excellent work environment, a competitive compensation plan and an attractive benefits package.
Please note that you must be able to commute to Mt. Brussilof located near Radium Hot Springs, BC.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Radium Hot Springs, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Journeyperson – 3 years (preferred)
- 3rd or 4th year apprentice may be considered
Work Location: In person
Please send resumes to email@example.com . Baymag thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.